Friday, June 3, 2011

America's Precious Mighty Mavs





Yeaaaaaaaaaaaah! I own a sports team! Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Ha ha huh-ha!!!




With all due respect, Mr. Cuban, I never get picked to play by any of these guys. As sure as summer, though, I can play. Give me a chance.





Me too. I had my shot...my chance...but my knee gave out. Doctors said I'd never play again, but I know I've still got it. It feels better than before, even when I cut.




People say I'm old. As a matter of fact, I haven't played a single game in seven years where my opponent hasn't literally said, "Let's see what you've got, old man" as he was checking me the basketball.

Only thing, though. Do you think my friend Dirk could come? He wouldn't have to be on the team or anything. He just moved here, and he doesn't have too many friends.









I did a little coaching back in college. I guess I could, you know, get you guys started...until you found yourself a real coach.

So, first things first...who we playin'?

















Boys, get some sleep tonight. You've got practice at six.



THE NEXT MORNING





Wow, Jason! Your friend Dirk sure can shoot! Why, I bet with him on our team, we could beat the Heat!





Whaddya say, Dirk? You wanna play for the team? You play basketball?




Machst du Witze? Ich würde gerne spielen! Are you kidding? I'd love to play!







1-1, ladies and gentlemen.



No comments:

Post a Comment