Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Jimmy and the Mamba

VIDEO OF THE DAY



Good Lord. It's not everyday a YouTube comment is a beacon of honest humor (let alone anything other than a space for people to claim racial supremacy, or thrown down a couple prophetic "fuck you"s), but the person who wondered aloud if the only reason Johnson got this job was because both of his names ("Jimmy" and "Johnson") are slang terms for penis should be commended.

There's also a second commercial, where Johnson is suited up as a NASCAR driver in front of a stock car. He clears up any confusion (with NASCAR driver Jimmie Johnson) by saying he's the "better looking" Jim Johnson.

I hope he got himself something real nice with the paycheck from these commercials.


QUOTE OF THE DAY

"The fans are ruthless and don't deserve a winner. I will never forget getting cheered when I was injured. I know at times I wasn't great. I hope and pray I'm playing when my team comes to town and [we] roll them."

~Former Cleveland Browns quarterback Derek Anderson

Can someone look up the 2010 Florida Tuskers UFL schedule and see if the Browns are on it?


KOBE

Yep, fell asleep at the beginning of the fourth quarter last night, so I missed the Mamba's 47th game-winner of the season.

My thing is this: The Lakers shouldn't need Kobe Bryant to hit a game-winner against the Toronto Raptors. When I saw the Lakers play in Indianapolis back in January, I could see firsthand how they played down to their opponents. They should have won by 50 that night, but they didn't. Can they still win the title playing that way? Sure, because they have Kobe Bean Bryant, but it's really annoying as a basketball fan. And, of course, because of this man:


Two more random Laker thoughts:

Remember when Ron Artest could play basketball? He's fitting in with the Lakers about as well as a gay penis in a vagina.

And someone needs to grab Shannon Brown by the jersey and say, "Look, you CAN'T shoot. So stop. You're a nice complimentary bench player who has a few energizing dunks every now and then. But stop shooting, goddamnit."

No comments:

Post a Comment