Thursday, November 19, 2009

Damn, I Wish I Was Your Lover / I'd Rock You 'Til The Daylight Comes / Make Sure You Are Smiling And Warm

Tim Tebow: Coach, that, um, that 4th and goal QB draw you called? The one that won the game? I've...I've never had a coach call anything that bold before. It really...well...it really showed how much confidence you have in me. It really felt good.

Urban Meyer: I wouldn't have called it if anyone else was under center, Tim. Those powerful legs. I guess...well...I guess we just make a good team.

Tebow: I think we make a great team.

Meyer: Hey, Tim?

Tebow: Yeah, coach?

Meyer: Nah, forget it.

Tebow: No. If you want something...anything...you just say the word. I'd lay down in traffic for you, coach. And you never know. Maybe I'd like to do whatever it is you're going to ask.

Meyer: Well, there's this dance tonight, and, you know, I'm sure the administration would frown on the coach taking a player, but...well...do you think you'd...

Tebow: I'd love to go with you, coach. I'd love to go with you.

Meyer: (Nervous laughter) I didn't even have to ask.

Tebow: This dance sure is something, huh?

Meyer: Jesus, Timmy. Your eyes are like goddamn emeralds. They remind me of the grass I used to play on as a kid, back when it was just a game. Back when it was just fun, you know?

Tebow: It's still fun, coach.

Meyer: It's fun with you, Tim. It's fun with you. I don't know what I'm gonna do when you graduate. I really don't. Back to my house. Back to my wife. Back to...

Tebow: Let's not think about that right now, coach. There's still a lot of unfinished business to attend to.

("Save Tonight" by Eagle Eye Cherry starts playing)

Meyer: I didn't leave Utah to sit down during this song. Take my hand, Tim. I'm calling a QB sneak.


Tebow: Eagle Eye sure knew what he was talking about. I wish we could save...

Meyer: It'll always be in our memories, Tim. We'll always have Gainesville. We'll always have this night.

("Lullaby" by Shawn Mullins starts playing)

Tebow: What do you know? A slow song.

Meyer: What if the AD sees? What if...

Tebow: Let them see. I don't even care.

Tebow: It's been a great four years, coach.

Meyer: It sure has, Tim. It sure has.


Meyer: (Whispering) Let's get out of here.

No comments:

Post a Comment